DoodlePanda reads stuff

Yesterday's Gone: Season One
David W. Wright, Sean Platt
Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)
Marissa Meyer
Progress: 37 %
Tales of the Japanese (Illustrated)
Charles Morris
McSweeney's #10
Elmore Leonard, Michael Chabon, Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Harlan Ellison, Nick Hornby, Jim Shepard, Michael Moorcock, Dan Chaon, Carol Emshwiller, Kelly Link, Chris Offutt, McSweeney's Publishing, Laurie R. King, Michael Crichton, Aimee Bender, Sherman Alexie, Howard Cha
Stephen King

The Woodcutter

The Woodcutter - Kate Danley, Sarah Coomes When I first started this book I loved it. The idea of the Woodcutter as the main character and a mix of fairy tales that are going wrong? Sounds good, right! And I like the character of the Woodcutter himself.

Somewhere along the way I started to lose interest though. I don't know whether this was due to the story or the narrator of the audio book. I still wanted to see how the story would go, still kept me at least a little interested, but I was good and ready for the book to end when it did.

I am not really familiar with audio books, having only listened to a couple before this, so I'm finding it difficult to say whether the narrator is doing a great job. To me she sounded... overly enthusiastic? I'm not sure, but for all I know that is a sign of a great narrator! It did kinda fit with the story being a fairy tale, drama seems appropriate. But in the long run it got a bit much for me personally.

Would recommend the book if you like a new twist to old fairy tales! :)