DoodlePanda

DoodlePanda reads stuff

Yesterday's Gone: Season One
David W. Wright, Sean Platt
Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)
Marissa Meyer
Progress: 37 %
Tales of the Japanese (Illustrated)
Charles Morris
McSweeney's #10
Elmore Leonard, Michael Chabon, Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Harlan Ellison, Nick Hornby, Jim Shepard, Michael Moorcock, Dan Chaon, Carol Emshwiller, Kelly Link, Chris Offutt, McSweeney's Publishing, Laurie R. King, Michael Crichton, Aimee Bender, Sherman Alexie, Howard Cha
Insomnia
Stephen King

The Three

The Three - Sarah Lotz Before starting this book I read the blurb. It seemed really interesting! Plane crashes, creepy kids... sounds like a great recipe for a book, right?!

Unfortunately, for me, it just did not deliver...
First of all it was the way the book was written. It is a 'collection' of interviews, articles, internet conversations and so on.
Now, I can see why it was done like that. It is not a very common way to write, and it lets you see the story from a lot of different points of view.
For me it got a little confusing trying to keep all the different people apart. And the style of writing just isn't for me I guess. I didn't feel immersed in the story.

And, speaking of the story, I feel that it didn't live up to my expectations. The idea behind it was great. But somewhere it got.. lost. And I did not like the ending. I generally don't like 'open' endings. I want to get the answers, the conclusion to the story. I don't want to guess, analyze every page in the book, trying to figure it out.I actually prefer a bad ending to no ending...

It wasn't all bad though! I did finish it, that must count for something, right? It was interesting enough to make me keep reading.
And the kids were a little creepy. A little.

All in all an ok read. If you think the blurb sounds interesting you might want to give it a go, hopefully you will like it more then me!