DoodlePanda reads stuff

Yesterday's Gone: Season One
David W. Wright, Sean Platt
Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)
Marissa Meyer
Progress: 37 %
Tales of the Japanese (Illustrated)
Charles Morris
McSweeney's #10
Elmore Leonard, Michael Chabon, Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Harlan Ellison, Nick Hornby, Jim Shepard, Michael Moorcock, Dan Chaon, Carol Emshwiller, Kelly Link, Chris Offutt, McSweeney's Publishing, Laurie R. King, Michael Crichton, Aimee Bender, Sherman Alexie, Howard Cha
Stephen King

Relentless - Dean Koontz ** 3.5 Stars **

I vaguely remember reading this book about 15 years ago. Which basically means that I could not remember what would happen or how it would end. My brain doesn't work like that. I have been a Koontz fan for a long time, and enjoy his books. And I enjoyed this one as well (again).

The main character in the story is a writer called 'Cubby' and his family - a wife Penny, a (genious) son Milo and a (very special) dog Lassie. After the release of his latest book he receives a negative review from a famous book-critic named Shearman Waxx. Cubby knows he should just ignore it and focus on the good reviews. But unfortunately Waxx isn't planning on ignoring Cubby and his family... Before long Cubby is struggling to save his family as well as himself.

I liked the story. I love the characters, particularly the banter between them. I also enjoyed how Milo and Lassie were both very special and the bond between them.
I'm not sure I buy the whole book critic who starts murdering authors or the whole conspiracy that apparently is going on .
But I still enjoyed the book, and would recommend it.