DoodlePanda reads stuff

Yesterday's Gone: Season One
David W. Wright, Sean Platt
Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)
Marissa Meyer
Progress: 37 %
Tales of the Japanese (Illustrated)
Charles Morris
McSweeney's #10
Elmore Leonard, Michael Chabon, Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Harlan Ellison, Nick Hornby, Jim Shepard, Michael Moorcock, Dan Chaon, Carol Emshwiller, Kelly Link, Chris Offutt, McSweeney's Publishing, Laurie R. King, Michael Crichton, Aimee Bender, Sherman Alexie, Howard Cha
Stephen King

Divinity - Michelle L. Johnson I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley

Rated 3.5 Stars **

This is the story of Julia, who thinks she is just a normal girl with a bad life story. Until one day she saves a baby from a burning car and comes out unharmed even though she should have died from the car exploding.
Turns out she is half angel and that the Archangel Gabriel is her father. But there are also evil creatures that doesn't want her alive. She must now risk her soul and learn to use her powers in time to fight the A'nwel. But are the angels telling her everything?

I enjoyed this book, it is really well written and I found the story to be quite original and interesting. I have to admit that angels aren't really my favorite subject, as I am not religious person. But this story was good enough that I didn't mind the occasional mention of God and Lucifer, it's not really a religious book as such, but definitely spiritual.
I still got engrossed in the story and read it in one day as I wanted to see what would happen next. I will definitely be looking out to see if there will be a sequel to see what happens next!