DoodlePanda reads stuff

Yesterday's Gone: Season One
David W. Wright, Sean Platt
Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)
Marissa Meyer
Progress: 37 %
Tales of the Japanese (Illustrated)
Charles Morris
McSweeney's #10
Elmore Leonard, Michael Chabon, Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Harlan Ellison, Nick Hornby, Jim Shepard, Michael Moorcock, Dan Chaon, Carol Emshwiller, Kelly Link, Chris Offutt, McSweeney's Publishing, Laurie R. King, Michael Crichton, Aimee Bender, Sherman Alexie, Howard Cha
Stephen King

Mr. Mercedes

Mr. Mercedes - Stephen King So... what do I think...

First of all, I would like to start by saying that I've been a King fan for as long as I can remember. Most of his books I have loved, some not so much. But such is life.

If you're wondering whether to read this or not, just keep one thing in mind: This isn't your standard King book. You need to know this before you start reading, or the book will probably be ruined for you. Just saying.

Ok, so back to my actual review...

This is an ok detective book. It has some action and suspense. There is a detective, and a murderer. And dead people. The writing is good. The story is good. What the murderer does for a living is a little creepy... Murdering ice cream man?! So much wrongness! O.o

Is it the best story I have ever read? No.

Is it worth reading? Yea, I guess so. I'm definitely not regretting reading it.

Is it Mr. King at his best? Definitely not in my opinion.

I would recommend this if you're looking for a detective story. If you're looking for a 'normal' King book, this might not be for you. But if you're anything like me, you will want to read it anyways because you want to read everything he has written. I can relate.
Just don't get disappointed :)