DoodlePanda reads stuff

Yesterday's Gone: Season One
David W. Wright, Sean Platt
Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)
Marissa Meyer
Progress: 37 %
Tales of the Japanese (Illustrated)
Charles Morris
McSweeney's #10
Elmore Leonard, Michael Chabon, Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Harlan Ellison, Nick Hornby, Jim Shepard, Michael Moorcock, Dan Chaon, Carol Emshwiller, Kelly Link, Chris Offutt, McSweeney's Publishing, Laurie R. King, Michael Crichton, Aimee Bender, Sherman Alexie, Howard Cha
Stephen King

The 100

The 100 - Kass Morgan I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

After the Earth is made inhabitable by radiation, the human race carries on living on a spaceship that orbits Earth while waiting for the day they can return home. Unfortunately there is a limit to how many people the spaceship can support, so the punishment for breaking the rules is normally execution. Teenagers get confined until they turn 18, and they get a retrial that also seems to always end in an execution. As the situation on the spaceship starts becoming desperate, the leaders comes up with a secret mission where 100 of the juvenile delinquents to Earth too see if it has become safe to live there.

I think this was an ok read. I think the story is good, though I'm not sure about some of the events in the book (I don't want to write spoilers, so I can't be more specific). Some of it seems a bit far-fetched, but I guess teenagers can come up with the strangest plans when they are in love?

It kept changing POV, which I normally struggle with, but for some reason I could keep up with this one. Barely.

But I will be looking into reading the other books in the series as I want to find out what happens next. This one ends in a bit of a cliffhanger, and the book is more then good enough that I'll happily read the rest of them.

More of my reviews on my blog.